Friday 8 December 2006

MURPG Board

I suppose I'd better post a link. Visit http://murpg.proboards19.com/index.cgi for fun times. Admittedly, you won't be able to tell what anyone is talking about, because hardly anyone knows the game that it is based around.

An explanation: a bunch of comic lovers with a lot of enthusiasm for Marvel Comics' diceless roleplaying game got together to create a forum of play-by-post games, discussions, rants, game conversations and (admittedly unsuccessful) attempts at selling comics. They're really a great bunch of people and I've had a lot of fun there. It allows me the chance to release my inner geek in the company of my peers. Over there, I feel I can unleash my inner fanboy to the benefit and not to the detriment of society.

Admittedly, quite a lot of the stuff of posted there varies from crap to fairly good. My own ongoing games suffer from my tendency to make things up as I go along (I planned out a lot of stuff beforehand and then lost confidence). Some of my own characters are fully-developed, three-dimensional parody engines that wander into the realm of Mary Sue-dom. And I've written some rants that reveal the deeply disturbed, teeming undersurface of my calm, cool exterior.

WARNING: There may be irony in anything or everything that I say. If you are allergic then please consult your doctor before reading this blog.

Still, everything I've written over there is a part of my history. It has helped me through my gestation period as a writer until I've become what I am today. I'll leave it to you my reader to decide what exactly I mean by that.

Manny signing off.

No comments: